Speaking with radio talk show host Bill Cunningham and Joe Trippi, Fox News’ Sean Hannity said a source who was in Friday’s meeting told him that he believes Obama wants to go over the fiscal cliff as part of a cynical political ploy.
According to Hannity, the unnamed source not only said that Obama wants to go over the fiscal cliff, the administration planned to do so from the very beginning.
“That’s why he didn’t back off his $250,000 position today,” Hannity said.
The plan looks something like this: After taxes go up on every American, Obama comes back to town to “give back” $3 trillion of the $4 trillion increase and the Bush tax cuts become the Obama tax cuts.
Watch the video for yourself:
- Harry Reid: ‘We’re not going to do anything’ on GOP fiscal cliff proposals
- MSNBC hosts meet with Obama on fiscal cliff
- Michael Moore: Fiscal cliff ‘invention’ of the rich to keep tax breaks
- Report: Communist Party USA backs Obama’s position on fiscal cliff
- Democrats threaten to push U.S. over fiscal cliff if GOP refuses to raise taxes